Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Taking off.

Today is a special day.
The end of something and the beginning of something.

September 9 2008, my first sortie on 9V-BOF(On the nice captain sit, not captain though.). Though not my solo flight or first flight on the Piper Warrior, but a mark of my flight training. How far i will go, i do not know. But i'm sure to persevere and give my best effort.

Looking back, getting into flying is by Gods grace. My health record(or injury record rather) and my results are not that fantastic to be taken in for training. It surprised me when i received the letter of confirmation(of sorts). I've decided to do my best with what God has put in my hands, for what purpose it might be in the future i do not know. I will trust and follow.

Colossians 3:23-24
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

I think flying is a wonderful thing, i have never got so much interest in aviation till i started training. It's beautiful to fly through the skies, like an eagle.

And I am an eagle.


Isaiah 40:31
...but those whose hope is in the Lord, will renew their strength. They will soar on wings of eagles.

Because I fly, I laugh more than other men.
I look up and see more than they.
I know how clouds feel.

What it's like to have the blue in my lap.

To look down on birds.
To feel freedom in a thing called the stick.

Who but I can slice between God's billow-legs
and feel them laugh and crash with His step?

Who else has seen the unclimbed peaks?
The rainbow's secret?
The real reason birds sing?

Because I fly, I envy no man on earth.


-Author Unknown

Because i soar with the most high, i envy no man on earth.

No comments: